Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Spam (or, how to buy Cheap Korean Cellphones :-)

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () center osis gov>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:35:44 -0500

I assume that all smpt's were meant to be smtp's?  ;-)  including smpti?

One basic problem with this domain key concept ... what if I have a
perfectly good joe () verizon com e-mail address, and I'd like to sign my
message that way and have people respond to it ... but I happen to be
logged into the @tux.org domain right now?  Currently, this is
certainly legitimate, but there appears to be no way to get my mail
signed in the scheme that you describe.  Verizon won't let me poke mail
into its server from outside [at least, they shouldn't!], and I don't
have their private keys with which to sign my mail.

Thanks.

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () center osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support                                     EMT-B