Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Off topic: Any one know of a good IPV6 reference book?

From: "H. Morrow Long" <morrow.long () yale edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:19:59 -0400

Also, remember where the Internet and IPv4 were funded
and nurtured out of in the first place: DARPA.

H. Morrow Long

Christopher Hicks wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Joseph S D Yao wrote:
And the US DOD seems to be spear-heading this particular revolution, eh? [No, you do NOT have to remind me of OSI networking and ADA. ;-)]

Oh no.  I wasn't going to remind you of OSI networking, but certainly
remember ADA and one of the DOD big successes at popularizing technology -
COBOL.  The DOD didn't manage to turn the world into a bunch of ADA
programmers.  (C'est la vie.)  But Grace Hopper (who in my experience is
well respected in the hacker community) was one of the "leading lights" on
the committee to create an interim langauge for doing DOD software
development that ended up producing COBOL. When the DOD succeeds they succeed big and it can surprise technology advocates and international petty tyrants, but that's getting even too OT for this list....