Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: concerning ~el8 / project mayhem

From: Barney Wolff <barney () tp databus com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:49:05 -0400

Are you actually capable of evaluating a cardiologist's professional
skills?  I'm not - I'd have to go by reputation and my own general
impression, which is certainly colored by whether doctors follow their
own advice.  If we're going to quote adages, I'll take "Charity begins
at home."

But seriously, I think a security expert owes it to the clients to
follow the same guidelines s/he's touting.  Otherwise you lose touch
with the impact on the user of what you're prescribing.