Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: httptunnel

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () securityfocus com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:15:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Lance Spitzner wrote:

Okay httptunnel guru's.

I can't get httptunnel to work through proxy servers (such as Raptor).
I can get httptunnel to work from client to server when there is
no proxy server in between.  However, when I have an actual http proxy
server in between client and server, the connection never happens.
The client attempts the connection, but eventually times out.
Any suggestions on using httptunnel when communicatig through a
proxy server?

Is it a transparent proxy?  Which proxy is it?  If it's not transparent, I
would expect the problem is that httptunnel doesn't speak/isn't configure
to speak the appropriate proxy protocol.

                                        Ryan