Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: httptunnel

From: Brian Hatch <bri () stunnel org>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:04:17 -0700

I can't get httptunnel to work through proxy servers (such as Raptor).
I can get httptunnel to work from client to server when there is
no proxy server in between.  However, when I have an actual http proxy
server in between client and server, the connection never happens.
The client attempts the connection, but eventually times out.
Any suggestions on using httptunnel when communicatig through a
proxy server?

This does work (no proxy server in between):
Server ->  hts -F localhost:22 80
Client ->  htc -F 22 server:80

This does NOT work (proxy server in between):
Server -> hts -F localhost:22 80
Client -> htc -F 22 -P proxyserver:8080 server:80

Some proxy servers (I'm assuming a non transparent proxy) require
a decent level of 'proof' that the connecting program is a web browser.
Try adding some addl http headers, such as browser type:

I don't know if that's already built into httptunnel or not, but if
not it's useful.

--
Brian Hatch                "Let me be your willow."
   Systems and

Every message PGP signed