Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: httptunnel

From: Predrag Zivic <pzivic () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:07:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hey, just another proof that the Raptor is an
application level firewall! Or another proof that your
tunnel does not simulate http protocol properly...
In order to make it work you just have to filter it
(raptor, sidewinder,gauntlet case). So instead of HTTP
proxy use HTTP filters (like PIX and FW-1), but then
you will miss your application protection...
Another suggestion would be to use HTTPS tunnel... No
firewall can check what is going on there...
Pez

--- Lance Spitzner <lance () spitzner net> wrote:
Okay httptunnel guru's.

I can't get httptunnel to work through proxy servers
(such as Raptor).
I can get httptunnel to work from client to server
when there is
no proxy server in between.  However, when I have an
actual http proxy
server in between client and server, the connection
never happens.
The client attempts the connection, but eventually
times out.
Any suggestions on using httptunnel when
communicatig through a
proxy server?

This does work (no proxy server in between):
Server ->  hts -F localhost:22 80
Client ->  htc -F 22 server:80

This does NOT work (proxy server in between):
Server -> hts -F localhost:22 80
Client -> htc -F 22 -P proxyserver:8080 server:80

Suggestions?

Thanks!

--
Lance Spitzner