Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Implementing PIX Failover over a Fibre link?

From: andrea_avosani () hp com
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:03:30 +0200

You can't have any 10/100 Ethernet fibre ports on the pix (model is 520?)
firewall, so you
should use two hubs (or switches) with fibre ports between the two pix.
For example:

IX]
   100baseT 100baseT   100baseFX                100baseFX    100baseT  100baseT

The traffic between the two pix is not so heavy, even using the stateful
failover option, so
even a small hub should work.

Andrea
andrea_avosani () hp com