Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Checkpoint for internet access

From: "Andrew J Bernoth/Boulder/IBM" <bernoth () us ibm com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 14:58:44 -0600

G'day Wizards,

Please bear with me if this is basic knowledge, I have not played with
Checkpoint yet.

I have a checkpoint administrator with his firewall providing access to the
internet.  I don't really like the idea of having a default route pointing
out to the internet, but he assures me this is the only configuration the
Checkpoint can do.  Is this true?  How do others deal with this?

I am more used to either a socks or proxy configuration for an internet
firewall.

Thanks

Regards,
Andrew J Bernoth
bernoth () us ibm com
"The views expressed above are my own and do not necessarily reflect those
of IBM"