Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: pcanywhere

From: "Andrzej Blaszczyk" <Andrzej.Blaszczyk () atm com pl>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:10:45 +0100

Hello Deepak,
I would allow such traffic but only through encrypted tunnel (VPN option or
something) with strong authentication (tokens, snart cards), of cource if
this application is really necessary for company operation. As far as I know
PCAnywhare uses some kind of encryption but I do not know what exactly that
is why I would terminate encryption on firewall. There are also other remote
control soft for NT, for example: Computer Associates Remote Control Option.

rgds,
Andrzej Blaszczyk
Product & Project Division
ATM S.A.