Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: pcanywhere

From: Henry Sieff <hsieff () orthodon com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:13:55 -0500

Its not _too_ bad; if you have version 8, it keeps its business on two ports
(TCP 5631 and UDP 5632). You can use symettric encryption, or public key, to
encrypt the session, in addition to whatever the VPN provides. You can also
set it to refuse any unencypted sessions.

However, there may be risks I'm not aware of.

--
Henry Sieff
Network Nanny