Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Say it ain't so

From: Russ <Russ.Cooper () rc on ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 03:29:50 -0400

1. When opening up your network to the rest of the world, you'll not
likely find a more ideal time to review and re-engineer your network
(assuming you've actually done a security audit of the proposed
implementation).

2. "Touching" could mean anything from applying appropriate patches to
changing configurations (client apps to point to proxies, for example).

3. Renumbering IP addresses could be done for a number of reasons other
than exposure, could be their trying to establish new subnets to create
"zones". As someone else pointed out, need more info as to "what" their
doing. "Why" might be relevant, but I'm sure we'd have fun supplying
that to you...;-]

Cheers,
Russ