Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Say it ain't so

From: "Giesinger, Nick HE0" <ngiesing () health gov sk ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 16:28:56 -0600

It ain't so.

I have done this a couple locations were I walked in, plopped a firewall
in place, plugged it into the local LAN and connected to the Internet.

Plopped is not the right word but there a number of products that I have
seen that would allow connection to the Internet with out modifications
to the desktop.  The key feature would be "Multiple Address
Translation".

Nick G.
SHL SystemHouse LTD.