Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: default password

From: Cris Harshman <cristiforbharshman () ABTECH EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 12:49:03 +0000

Thanks for the information, this is exactly the method we’d like to use!  Frank, and others that use a similar workflow
for your default passwords (enroll without knowing what the password is, then reset password), what software or service
do you use for your password reset tool?  We’re also working on exactly what pieces of information to use for identity
verification (particularly trying to avoid using any information we send in our notifications), but I won’t ask that in
an open, archived listserv.  :)

Thanks for asking the question Mark - I appreciate it!

Take care,
Cris

----------------------------------
Cris Harshman
Director, Technology Services
Holly Building, 115

A-B Tech Community College
340 Victoria Road
Asheville, N.C. 28801

Office: (828) 398-7304
Cell: (828) 337-5302
charshman () abtech edu<mailto:charshman () abtech edu>

A-B Tech's Vision: Locally Committed • Regionally Dynamic • World-Class Focused