Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Social Networking Websites...Policies? Procedures?

From: "Sarazen, Daniel" <dsarazen () UMASSP EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:34:17 -0400

Hi All,

We're looking at Social Network Websites (IE: Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and trying to determine what news risks they may
pose (Harassment, Defamation, Intentional exposure of security vulnerabilities, etc), to our institution and students
and wondering if any of the other schools have develop any policies or guidance relating to this. Have you included
this in your student or faculty code of conducts?

Thanks,

[cid:image001.gif@01CAE7A7.7A0F2CD0]

:: Daniel Sarazen, CISSP, CISA
:: Senior Information Technology Auditor
:: University Internal Audit
:: University of Massachusetts President's Office

:: 774-455-7558
:: 781-724-3377 Cell
:: 774-455-7550 Fax
:: Dsarazen () umassp edu<mailto:Dsarazen () umassp edu>

University of Massachusetts : 333 South St. : Suite 450 : Shrewsbury, MA 01545 :
www.massachusetts.edu<http://www.massachusetts.edu/>