Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Please do not change your password

From: Steve Werby <smwerby () VCU EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:00:24 -0400

Paul, thanks for sharing that story!  That user gets points for creativity.

I'm a greedy realist - I'd love for my users to memorize our university
enterprise password, but I don't want them to use it anywhere else and
it's unreasonable to expect both.  I like the USU's approach that Bob
Bayn described later in this thread.

--
Steve Werby
Information Security Officer