Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Listserv's

From: Joe Vieira <jvieira () CLARKU EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:20:54 -0500

Sorry forgot to meantion, Sympa is open source.

Joe

Adam Nave wrote:
We're using Mailman. It handles some things nicely and has a lot of options, but our users (and most of our technicians) find some of the conventions of the system difficult to deal with, such as the fact that list admins are not necessarily part of the list itself. There are also constant issues with passwords. On the other hand, it is highly customizable and free. I have not evaluated any other systems so I can't say how it compares.

--Adam