Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Outbound SMTP

From: Deke Kassabian <deke () ISC UPENN EDU>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:27:38 -0400

Joe St Sauver <joe () OREGON UOREGON EDU> wrote:
Disclaimer: all opinions expressed are strictly my own.

Oh I don't know.  They sound an awful lot like my opinions, too.  :)
I'm with Joe all the way on this one.

My preference is to secure your hosts, aggressively pursue signs of
compromise, and avoid heavy handidness at the perimeter.  I believe
that that not only leads to a a more secure computing environment, but
also a more flexible network for the users.

-------
Deke Kassabian,  Senior Technology Director
Information Systems and Computing, University of Pennsylvania
http://kassabian.org/deke/  --  Jabber/XMPP:deke () upenn edu