Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

OT: vendor contacts after list posting

From: David Boyer <David () BVU EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:51:56 -0500

For what it's worth, not long after making this posting I was contacted by Bradford Networks about their NAC products.
I'm not sure how everyone else feels, but it's a real turn off for me when vendors troll these constituent group
discussions to generate sales leads.

Maybe this is common practice and I'm just being naive. Any thoughts?

  David Boyer wrote:

Anyone familiar with Ciscos Network Admission Control (formerly Cisco
Clean Access, formerly Perfigo), Juniper Infranet, Symantec Network
Access Control or similar software/appliances?

Like many schools, we have a 1:1 ration of computers to students. We'd
like to avoid letting vulnerable or malware-infected systems onto our
network while simultaneously addressing the infection or
vulnerability. Almost all of our systems are running Windows XP or
Windows 2000.

I'd be interested in hearing about your experiences with these or
similar solutions. Any open-source solutions that you know of?