Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: OT: vendor contacts after list posting

From: "Tim M. Crawford" <tcrawford () GSB STANFORD EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 08:59:31 -0700

David,
I agree with you. I have had the same issue. Interestingly, it came up in
two discussions just yesterday here at the Educause Security conference too.
In one case, the discussion was around creating a separate (non-Educause)
list to discuss issues without the fear of vendors engaging those in the
discussion.

One option would be to require .edu addresses in order to participate on
these lists. But I donĀ¹t know how viable that solution would be.

Tim