Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Keyloggers in computer labs

From: "Drake, Craig" <c-drake () NEIU EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 10:54:20 -0600

?
I wasn't aware of any license that allows for unlimited copies.  We do have the Microsoft Campus Agreement, but that
only allows upgrade licenses.  You must have a valid Windows OS license for the machine first.  As far as I have seen,
all of Microsoft's Enterprise licenses work this way.

But for VMware, you could definitely use the player for free on each machine.  Also a few days ago, they started
offering a product called VMware Server for free.  I think it is replacing GSX Server.  You could use that to create
you VM Images.

-Craig