Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Keyloggers in computer labs

From: Graham Toal <gtoal () UTPA EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 10:15:57 -0600

Legally, you will probably need to pay for a license for each
Windows OS you have running in Virtual Machines.

I think he was asking about vmware licenses.  I suspect that
if he's using windows in big labs, he'll have a licence
like ours which allows us unlimited copies of windows
anywhere on campus.  If you don't have such a licence
yourself you might want to talk to your Microsoft rep.

It was either UT System or the State of Texas who negotiated
our licensing terms.  Does Illinois have any sort of blanket
deal like that which you could take part in?