Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Spamming of BLOGs

From: Chad McDonald <chad.mcdonald () GCSU EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:45:13 -0500

You may want to check out
http://akismet.com/

This works with WordPress blogs, but I¹m not sure if it works with other
software.

On 3/29/06 4:57 PM, "Ian McLeod" <Ian_McLeod () BCIT CA> wrote:

We have recently seen a large amount of SPAM directed at our Blog sites,
hosted on an external ASP.   Have others seen this, and what suggestions do
you have to avoid in future?

Ian McLeod, Director, Computer Resources
BC Institute of Technology
3700 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, B.C.  V5G 3H2
Tel. (604) 432-8624
Fax. (604) 439-6785

BCIT¹s Technology-Enabled Knowledge (TEK) Initiative is about innovation and
achieving new standards of excellence in education and learning.
Find out more at
http://www.bcit.ca/tek/

Chad McDonald, CISSP
Chief Information Security Officer