Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Spyware Appliances

From: "Brawner, David" <dbrawner () MARYVILLE EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:18:45 -0500

We looked at several options for spyware protection and removal
(although Barracuda was not one of them), and we chose the Webroot
Spysweeper enterprise software.  We needed a central management system
and a package that could not only prevent new spyware infections, but
could also remove existing spyware from our university-owned computers.
The cost was very reasonable (about $3,000 for 500 workstations) and the
deployment has been flawless so far.  Our spyware report now has almost
60 pages of spyware and we haven't completed the rollout.

David S. Brawner
Manager of Network & User Services
Maryville University of Saint Louis

  _____