Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Spyware Appliances

From: Gary Dobbins <dobbins () ND EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:42:50 -0500

We are also curious about that product (Barracuda spyware filter), but
understand that it's not yet available, and that eval's are also somewhat
scarce.  Have you had different luck?

Fretz, Kerry wrote:
We purchased the Barracuda SPAM firewall a few months ago and it has
been well worth the purchase.  Our users have been raving about
receiving less SPAM since it was installed.

We’re now looking at the Barracuda Spyware Firewall Appliance.  Has
anyone purchased this device and what are your comments regarding setup,
maintenance and of course the results?

Thanks.

Kerry Fretz

Manager, Network & Systems