Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: WebDAV

From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 21:35:34 -0400

Possibly with a firewall to protect the rest of your network. I'm a bit nervous
about the attitude expressed by your admin, but then I feel a little paranoia is
a healthy thing. We'd do this with Netware, for starters, but we're biased...

--Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College
 www.ouuf.org, www.calfrye.com
GnuPG ID 43061C16, Public key http://www.calfrye.com/cfrye.asc

  "It amuses me to see the profound change in attitude about access to
information which occurs when highly placed insiders suddenly find themselves on
the outside. And vice versa!" - John Reid, 1999

Hunter, Laura E. wrote:
So it's also critical to secure the
underlying OS, the overall IIS installation, and to take measures to
physically restrict access to the box and/or put it on a protected
network subnet.