Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: WebDAV

From: Dave Koontz <dkoontz () MBC EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 18:52:45 -0400

Gary, I agree completely!  However, I can make the same argument for most
any file transfer protocol, including FTP, SFTP, Front Page Server
Extensions, Macromedia Contribute, etc.

So, I guess to change the question slightly, what is the best mechanism to
allow users to update their own personal or departmental web sites on IIS.
Apache or any other web server, and is compatable with any client OS and
authoring product?

---
Dave Koontz
Associate Director CIS