Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Bagle.j out

From: Scott Weeks <sweeks () SANDIEGO EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:57:46 -0800

:      That is interesting. Since yesterday when I saw the
:  first Bagle.j message I've worried that the next ones
:  will say "Please note that we have renamed the attachment
:  to ensure this important information gets to only you.
:  Please just rename it to dippy.zip then extract and
:  run the new salary.exe update."  ;-)
:      I know there are still lots more technological
:  approaches (block all attachments including HTML
:  versions of messages, etc.) but it does come
:  down to the person at the end.

Some of them say,"you have been dismissed".  Undoubtedly this will cause
some folks to get a little upset and not think about what they're opening.

scott

===