Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Firefox bugs [iRant]

From: Jared DeMott <demottja () msu edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 08:25:31 -0400

Bas Alberts wrote:
I think I'll fill my quarterly dailydave quota on this.

Bas, now you know why people like RPG games, right?  Cause they get to
pretend their someone their not! :)

<flames>
I had the joy of watching about the first 15 min. of the now famous
Toorcon talk - before
I had to leave because I thought I was going to barf.  One thing I've
always loved about hacker Cons is the counter cultural "buck the system"
type of thinking.  One of the key note speakers made a good political point
about voting: which rich, fibber would you like to vote for?  But these
two clowns -- their constant foul mouths and retarded death and destruction,
cause as much chaos with random hackings bull crap, and "reentrant"
jokes about some chick -- just wasn't too amusing to me.  They promised to
give out the 0-days to anyone who could prove they intend to
blackhat/reek havoc.
And while I'm ranting and making a butt of myself, does
every speaker have to make a joke about their massive pr0n collection?
Perhaps I'm losing my sense of humor as I age?
</flames>

On a side note, to all I meet at Toorcon, hello!  :)   It was a great con
and I enjoyed it very much.  As always, the chatting and dinners with
newly meet people was my highlight.