Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Firefox bugs

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 20:33:45 +0300 (EEST)

CNET TV Video Hackers claim Firefox zero-day flaw
about the presentation:
http://news.com.com/1606-2_3-6121987.html

- Juha-Matti

Dave Aitel <dave () immunityinc com> wrote:

Didn't you post on your weblog some stuff about Chrome: being buggy?
It's completely believable to have a chrome: context issue in Firefox.
I recall you said something about iterators, but I don't have a
Mozilla developer account so I can't look at the diff.

Are the slides/full PoC available publicly?
- -dave

Thor Larholm wrote:
Their PoC, both the one in their slides and the full PoC, is
nothing more than an out-of-memory crash, of which Firefox already
has plenty. They were still struggling to write a working exploit
days after the presentation, even though they claimed to have just
that during the presentation.

Long story short, the bug is just a bug - not a vulnerability.

Regards Thor Larholm