Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: [COVERT-2001-04] Vulnerability in Oracle 8i TNS Listener

From: "Aaron C. Newman" <aaron () newman-family com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 23:55:50 -0400

Oracle has an ftp server that allows anonymous downloads. You can get the
patches from there.
ftp://oracle-ftp.oracle.com/server/patchsets/

Aaron C. Newman
CTO/Founder
Application Security, Inc.
212-490-6022
anewman () appsecinc com
www.appsecinc.com
-Protection Where It Counts-

I dont want support as far we have almost half a ton of books on our
development department and all the news group on the internet...

There is nothing I can do now, except to pay to correct their very own
error, but, on my company,  I do not intend to deploy any others product
which similiar politic$ for patches.

The next time we need a database, it will not be an Oracle.
I'd like to hear from the list if there are others companies/products with
such an absurd policy.

tks

Jair