Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Help on truecrypt recovery

From: Raj <rajshas () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 10:03:23 +0530

Thank for reply. Well i think i steered it wrong . Here is a link
http://www.ivizsecurity.com/research/preboot/preboot_whitepaper.pdf
Its possible to crack an full disk (encryption) , though latest
version has plugged that hole. I wanted to know is this possible on a
file (which is mounted on OS) encyption?. Also when i punch password
for the file to be decrypted and mounted on OS, where does the
decryption engine load the data and key (any pointers?).
I guess by just monitoring real memory space of the truecrypt.exe
actions, tonnes can be know, but i dont know a suitable tool for same(
any pointers again?)

Regards
Raj

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Christian Campbell