Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Network sniffing on the wire - managed switches

From: "Rui Pereira (WCG)" <wavefront1 () shaw ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 13:23:54 -0800

This works very well!! http://www.oxid.it/downloads/apr-intro.swf (ARP
Poison Routing). And take a look at the various MITM tools at
http://www2.packetstormsecurity.org/cgi-bin/search/search.cgi?searchvalue=mi
tm&type=archives and elsewhere. And although there are ways of protecting
against these kinds of attacks, such controls are seldom deployed.

Thank You

Rui Pereira,B.Sc.(Hons),CIPS ISP,CISSP,CISA,CWNA,CPTS/CPTE
Principal Consultant
WaveFront Consulting Group

wavefront1 () shaw ca | www.wavefrontcg.com | 1 604 961 0701