Security Basics mailing list archives

EMC/Dantz Retrospect Backup

From: andrews () rbacomm com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:50:22 -0500

I haven't run the others, so I can't fully comment, but I am fairly certain Retrospect can now run as a service. I know I have backed up machines that were not logged in, and I think I have run the backup while logged out, though I am not as certain of that.

Dantz was purchased by EMC some time back, which may or may not have had an impact.

Brad
Quoting Steve Fletcher <safletcher () insightbb com>:

As for Retrospect, it was total junk.  The program did not run as a service,
so the server had to be logged in for it to even run.  Plus, I am not sure
how it would handle multiple servers.  I'm sure Retrospect has nowhere near
the functionality you want, but I thought I would mention it in the hopes of
keeping others from trying it.  :)