Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: What backup software do you use and like?

From: nfanelli () empire edu
Date: 24 Jan 2007 16:56:22 -0000

Brent,
A recent client of mine expressed the same concerns with a similar environment.  I've  always favored the BackupExec
solution until version 11d, my only complaint to that point was the cost of the software and that most small businesses
I consult for could not afford it.   After speaking with several friends they advised me to look into a company called
Vembu (http://www.vembu.com/) that develops a package named "Store Grid".  Vembus' solution allows for disk to disk
backups for Exchange, Active Directory, SQL and more.  Their web based console includes dashboard reports, local to
remote server migration, email notifications, PRE/POST job commands and encryption to name a few.  My client has been
running this solution for one month and is very pleased with the results.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Nicholas