Security Basics mailing list archives

KB924085 Installation Issues on Win2k3

From: kenneth.buckler () dsainc com
Date: 25 Jan 2007 17:02:19 -0000

I'm experiencing some interesting behavior with KB924085 installing manually on Windows 2k3 machines.  According to
MBSA, it is not installed after I run the installer and reboot.  File version verification indicates the install was
successful.  Add/Remove Programs indicates the install was successful.
When I run the installer a second time, I recieve no errors stating the update has already been applied.  After reboot
I run MBSA, and it's fine.  When going to Add/Remove Programs, I now see two entries for KB924085, one ending in
OUTLOOK, the other ending in OLKINTLff.
We are working with Microsoft on this issue, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue with this KB?