Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Re: Password Pride - A Humorous Vulnerability

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 09:41:58 -0800

  About five years ago, I took a job as a programmer at a
start-up.  The first day on the job, I was told that we
were not allowed to change our assigned passwords because
that would break the nightly backup process.
  I did not work for them a second day, and I don't think
the company lasted more than six months beyond that point.

David Gillett