Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Password Pride - A Humorous Vulnerability

From: admin () iflipyouoff com
Date: 17 Jan 2007 19:45:34 -0000

I think it is your "trust-provoking" English accent!

The biggest challenge is the human condition where people are always "depending on the kindness of strangers". (Taken
from "A Streetcar named
Desire") We are in an industry where mistrust, despair, and skepticism are more beneficial than sheer kindness and
helpfulness.  The term "social engineering" is false. It should be called "social exploitation"
as the attacker is merely taking advantage basic human nature.

So, what was his password?

-Paul Moore
 Security & Business Continuity
 FedEx Express Corporation