Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Cleared my CEH certification

From: djteller () gmail com
Date: 6 Jan 2007 12:14:51 -0000

I have done the same CEH V4 test last year and i would like to say this course has a very rich content, the problem is
the lack of hands on during the course, there is so much metrial and not too much time.
I was a QA engineer while doing this test, now i'm a security engineer, doing security research, the way i see it, the
course only helped me to understand all the things i have already know, I know a bit of this a bit of that and the
course wrapped everything and it helped me see the big picture. I dont think that the cert is what helped me get my new
title, all you need to do is be more envolved, read more, while most of the companies will look for skilled hackers,
some will want to take you under their wings and teach you, all you need to do is prove that you really wants to be one.