Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Anonymity via Tor?

From: "Petter Bruland" <pbruland () fcglv com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:02:04 -0700

Out of all the anonymous proxy providers, how can you tell that you are
(somewhat) anonymous while surfing? (if you don't post your name/email
addy etc anywhere, just general web surfing.)

I could just imagine a person setting up a proxy, getting some suckers
to use it, thinking that they are anonymous. And then rather than not
keeps logs etc, they would log your every move, hoping to catch
something useful for a potential attack.

Anyway, that was just my random two cents. :-)

-Petter