Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Secure installation of Windows XP?

From: "Alexander Bolante" <alexander.bolante () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 09:07:08 -0700

Build a stable Ghost image, if you can, and just use that build for
your offline install. Of course, you have to update your Ghost image
as new patches, etc. become available.

Have fun!

On 4/29/06, Thomas Jespersen <front243 () stofanet dk> wrote:
Hi,

I hear stories of how a new Windows XP system is infected within
minutes. So I wonder, what is the procedure to install Windows XP in a
safe way?

PS : In case there are any other Danes on the list, I posted a similar
question on a Danish security newsgroup, but I got very conflicting

Don't leave your confidential company and customer records un-protected.
Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprise(TM) for 30 days for FREE with no
obligation. See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to
eradicate spyware from their networks.
FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise

http://www.webroot.com/forms/enterprise_lead.php

--
Alexander.Bolante () gmail com
abolante.blogspot.com