Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Secure installation of Windows XP?

From: "Michael Shum" <shummichael () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:27:04 -0400

This use to be the case when you install WINXP while connected to the
network, providing the NIC drivers are install after installation.

This isn't much the case anymore if you install WINXP with SP2 as SP2
contains many virus and software patches.

Installing WINXP with SP2, make sure firewall is turn on and install a
anti-virus application should be safe enought before connecting to the
network.

Michael