Security Basics mailing list archives

PC Anywhere and security

From: "martin samson" <martcci () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 19:37:53 -0500

Hi group,

We used to have PC Anywhere (long long time ago...in the 80's) as a remote support system. We've moved away from it and now a supplier wants to connect to his box with it. What position should the server be to be secure (network, DMZ, special zone)?

Can you give me an idea on how secure are the last versions of PC Anywhere?

Can a PC Anywhere connection give them access to our network even if the user credential limits the rights to specific directories on his machine ???

Thanks!

Marty

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.
http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus