Security Basics mailing list archives

AW: PC Anywhere and security

From: "Thomas Stocker" <thomas.stocker () medidata ch>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:28:16 +0100

Can you give me an idea on how secure are the last versions
of PC Anywhere?

The have more than one security options. So you can choose authentication
(windows auth, pcany ...) Take a look here:

http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/content/displaypdf.cfm?pdfid=15&EID=0

They offer also a good encryption.

Can a PC Anywhere connection give them access to our network
even if the user credential limits the rights to specific directories on
his machine ???

Keep in mind that he will be locally logged on your network as some user.
Remember local exploits like pipeudadmin / privilege escalation.

--
Thomas Stocker
Systemadministrator

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus