Security Basics mailing list archives

Token Authentication Was: a good firewall/router?

From: Jon Tyler <jon () tagfl com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:03:44 -0400

I've been using PAM-USB (http://www.pamusb.org/). Linux Journal had an
excellent article on it in this month's issue
(http://interactive.linuxjournal.com/article/8338, login apparently
required). I am personally using it for single-factor (token or password)
alternate authentication on physically secured machines, and two-factor
(token plus password) on laptops.

It seems very easy to manage. And although it may not be one of those cute RSA
fobs, it seems reliable and easy to replace a token when someone loses the
USB key (often in my experience).

Good Luck,