Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Learning WAN technologies

From: "DeGennaro, Gregory" <Gregory_DeGennaro () csaa com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:17:01 -0700

I heard that the new CCNA exam has a simulated router to configure just
like the CCNP exam.  So you will need to purchase a simulator or a
router.  With the exception of the Remote Access Router, the 2500 series
is at end of life so you should be able to pick up one for a good price.
You can even get the latest IOS for it too (IP only).  Well at least the
last time I went to CCO (Cisco Connection Online); I just discovered I
no longer have access to CCO which I will need to fix.  Don't you love
surprises?!  You can also pick up a 800 series and learn from this
router as well.

Just remember that the CCNA is the easiest of the three so enjoy the
CCNA exam.

Regards,

Greg DeGennaro Jr., CISSP, CCNP
Systems Engineer