Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: CIS Security template

From: "Smith, Ricky D." <RICKY.D.SMITH () saic com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 07:55:25 -0500

Simon,

I haven't had any problems with my laptop with the Win2KproGold security
template installed.  Most of the security settings in the template won't
affect the operation of software that is built for Win2K.

My advice is to install the template on a test machine and then test any
suspect applications.  This should let you know if there are any problems
before you deploy it on production systems.

--  --
Rick Smith
MCSE+I, MCSE (Win2K), GSEC, GCWN, GGSC