Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CIS Security template

From: Su Wadlow <swadlow () utdallas edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 11:03:36 -0600

--On Saturday, January 04, 2003 10:28 PM +0200 Simon Taplin <simont () lantic net> wrote:

Has anybody run into any problems using Win2000 Pro when they have
installed/run the CIS Win2kProGold_R1.2 security template?

The PC's would be used by students studying anything from a basic
secretary course to graphic design to in some cases, MCSE students.

I've not had any problems with the systems on which I've installed it.
However, before installing it on production systems, it should really
be installed in a test environment first, to make sure that the
changes it makes are viable in *your* environment.

--
Su Wadlow
swadlow () utdallas edu