Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Personal Firewalls

From: "Maher Odeh" <rax () netvision net il>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 11:06:39 +0200

Hi

there are alot of good personal firewalls , some free some aren't

i have windows XP at home and i use the regular windows IPSEC but before that i used Tiny Firewalls version 2, i rather
using version 2 the freeware release
as the the firewall doesnt have all the other "extras" like tripwire and all which slow down the system ... version 2
have a clean  gui and rulebase which can be
configured excatly like the "big" firewalls :-)

try it out , you wont regret .. just dont use the automatic rule generation .. use a normal ruleset and allow  outbound
and inbound connections like you want excatly
without the use of automatic "learning" mode .

           g'luck and have a good day .