Security Basics mailing list archives

Personal Firewalls

From: "Sridhar J" <sridhar.jayaraman () wipro com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 00:57:29 +0530

Hi

I have a PIII 550 m/c running Win98. I need a personal firewall for it.
I am looking at Zone Alarm, Sygate and Tiny Personal Firewall as my
options.

My intention is not only to protect my systems, but also to learn
something about logs and analysing them. In light of this, which do you
think would be ideal?

No, I don't have a *nix system and don't intend to use it now.

----------
Regards
Sridhar J
"What you do in this world is a matter of no consequence;The question
is, what can you make people believe that you have done."
--Sherlock Holmes in "A Study in Scarlet"

Is SPAM over-loading your e-mail server, disk space or bandwidth?
SurfControl E-Mail Filter is flexible, intelligent and policy-driven
protection.
http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-security-basics2
Download your free fully functional trial, complete with 30-days of free technical support.
Stop SPAM before it stops you.