Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Allow second Internet connection into Office Space?

From: "Keenan Smith" <kc () vetcentric com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:52:47 -0400

Depending on who your users are, one possibility is to bring in a standard
telephone line and sign up for a dial-up account with an ISP.  The
developers can dial out and come back in to your network via the ISP.  That
allows a true, user experience (assuming that your user base is primarily
made up of dial-up accounts) without compromising your network.

That's the way we test the user experience with our web site.  We also use
it to test routing problems that may or may not be originating on our end.

KC Smith